ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Vanel <jmva...@free.fr>
Subject Re: access to current dependancy and target file
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 11:32:09 GMT

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Dec 2001, Jean-Marc Vanel <jmvanel@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > Inside a <style basedir='...' destdir='...' > task, I'd like to have
> > access, as ant-generated variables, to the current dependancy and
> > target file (the equivalent of $< and $@ in gnumake ).
>
> Where inside the task?
>
> I'm afraid I don't understand what you want to do.  I could imagine
> you need it in nested params here,

Yes, something inside <style> , like:

 <param name="myparam1" expression="${ant.dependancy}" />
 <param name="myparam2" expression="${ant.target}" />

where, as I wrote, ant.dependancy  and  ant.target are generated by the <style> task,
with a scope limited to this task .

In fact, this is not urgent, I have found another way around, which is adding XML comments
at the begining of my XML file (in a preceeding target). I checked that they can be accessed
in the stylesheet writing match="/comment()" .

Note : ${ant.target}could be called ${ant.result}, because "target" has another meaning in
ant .

--
Jean-Marc Vanel
jmvanel@free.fr