ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <>
Subject Re: Cygwin, bash and OSTYPE
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 19:57:07 GMT

A long while ago, I submitted a patch for the ant script to better
abstract the way Cygwin is detected.  At the time, it never occured to be
to do the same for because I wasn't building Ant itself.

I'll try and get a patch posted in the next day or so to fix this for

"Morrison, John" wrote:
> Hi All,
> I recently upgraded my (cygwin) bash.  This caused to fail,
> confused I checked everything twice, echo'd $OSTYPE to ensure it still
> reported cygwin.  Eventually, I found the error... OSTYPE is not exported
> under /bin/sh.  Changing the shell to bash fixes it.  Would it be a terrible
> upset to folks to change this?
> Thanks,
> J.
> PS I'm thinking that *lots* of projects will be caught out with this...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message