ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: RE: Dependency analysis]
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:06:40 GMT
--- Mark McMillan <mark.mcmillan@engineous.com> wrote:
> Oh, I missed the extra dependency you added.  Yes, I think that would
> work, although I don't like the way it will make the build file very
> fragmented (for some one to figure out what ALL does, they have to find
> and examine each dependency rather than just read what is inside the
> ALL target). I prefer the clarity of the <do> task, but I see how it
> could be done just using dependencies.

Not trying to be argumentative, just wondering how having:
  <antcall target="weblogic"/>
or even
  <do target="weblogic"/>
says any more about what the "weblogic" target does than including it in
the list of depends would, or why having it that way would obviate the
need for someone to "find and examine" it to see what it does do.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)