ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Action List - Volunteers Needed
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:51:20 GMT
On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 02:27, Magesh Umasankar wrote:
> 4. Look at the feasability of i18n'ing tasks and the
> runtime (though I can't help much at the translating
> level, I would love to contribute at the infrastructure
> level).  btw, I am interested to know how much demand
> there has been for this?

Almost none from our users but I have wanted it for ages. Part of the reason
is to just remove messages from the code because programmers tend to have bad
english and pulling it out makes it easier for non-programmers to correct us
;)

> Also, what are the parts we
> aim to internationalize?  - the messages displayed?

yep. Perhaps from just the core at the start and then tasks later.

> task names?

naah.

--
Cheers,