ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Immutability
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 16:44:33 GMT
 --- Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
wrote:

> As far as the <iterate> goes, perhaps we the Taglib
> analogy makes sense....
> Struts has a <logic:iterate> tag that provides a
> scripting variable within
> the scope of the begin and end tags.

You took the words out of my mouth. I was just going
to say that for things like <iterate> or <foreach>
what we need is a better scoping of properties.
We really do not manage scopes today, what we do when
we invoke <ant> or <antcall> is to copy all the
<property>s from one Project to the next.

Once we have a well defined stack of scopes, it would
be easy to implement local scopes and all the rest.

Jose Alberto