ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Modern compiler not available
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 14:58:58 GMT
> On Wed, 05 Dec 2001, Sebastien Boving <sebastien@cirquedigital.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I'm just surprised Ant is not using my environment CLASSPATH
>
> It does, really 8-)
>
> > (or is not adding $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar by default himself).
>
> as well as that.  Look into the ant wrapper script.
>
> > Also the debugging output did show tools.jar was included in the
> > project property 'java.class.path', but still it doesn't seem to get
> > passed on to the javac task.
>
> Which is even more strange.  To be honest, it looks as if Ant was
> doing all things correctly but doesn't work, I have no idea why.

Maybe it has something to do with how Java was installed on the Windows
box -- I know I couldn't get anything to work right when I installed Java
on my NT using the installer, and only got things to work after I got rid
of all that (just manually put the JDK files on my disk from a jar-file).
I don't know what-all the installer did, but I suspect it put things in
weird places and probably diddled around with the registry (can you tell I
don't trust installers? :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)