ant-dev mailing list archives

From detlef.bren...@canoo.com
Subject javac with different Java compilers.
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:16:46 GMT
hi all,

I got a bit stuck during a proces automation and would appreciate your help.
heres the picture.

I run ant todo all the java compile and many other things as well.
but the java compile is what worries me the most right now.

I run <javac ..> with noFork (in the same VM than the ant process)
I do that mainly because of some classpath calculations.
I now need to compile various java code with a different JavaVM (1.2.2)
So I thought I will set JAVA_HOME to the right directory where my java1.2.2 is
installed and run the script again.
now the trouble starts -
a. since IM in the same VM I cant change my javac compiler during runtime.
b. if I run it externally it still wont use the correct JAVA_HOME environment.

the idea was now to use <exec..> somehow to compile with different javac
locations. but I also skipped this as I dont think thats the way to solve this.

Has anybody got a solution for this problem ?

regards,
detlef