ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Manifest Created-By - interesting jGuru question
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 13:14:50 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <peter@apache.org>

> My browser doesn't seem to like the jGuru site ... really got to update
> sometime soon.

What browser?  Is it an issue that I should report to the jGuru folks?

> BTW what ever hapened to jGuru generating XML dumps of the FAQs so that we
> could resync our faq periodicly ? Is that still go?

Good question. :)

That feature doesn't currently exist - I did promise to update Jakarta's Ant
FAQ periodically with new stuff though and I will do that at some point.

I just wish Jakarta and jGuru could work together somehow to integrate the
FAQ's for all Jakarta projects.  Its searchable, maintainable, and allows
folks to comment on FAQ entries, etc, and its built on Lucene as its search
engine.  The static nature of most (all?) of Jakarta FAQ's is bad.  jGuru
would love to be tighter with Jakarta.  Anyway, 'nuff said - thats just my
$0.02 worth on it.  I think Jakarta-general isn't too hip on jGuru
integration for some reason, unfortunately.

    Erik