ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Modern compiler not available
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 21:32:06 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sebastien Boving" <sebastien@cirquedigital.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: Modern compiler not available

> Actually, a co-worker went through the same issue (on a very similar
w2k&soft
> install), and found the solution: Remove ant-XX.jar from the Sun SDK.

Does the JDK now include an ant distro? Interesting. I will have to pull
down the latest beta and check.

> Even though it is nowhere listed in my CLASSPATH (or in the
java.class.path or
> javac classpath), somehow $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/ant-XX.jar gets loaded
before
> the (real) ant.jar, and confuses everything. Renaming the file doesn't
help,
> you have to (re)move it out that directory

that is extension directories for you. It is a definate no-no to put ant in
there. Indeed, we dont encourage anything to go in there, it only causes
problems, the key one being because ext classes load in a different
classloader, they cant find things like tools.jar loaded in the normal one.