ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Fop
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 08:31:50 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Actually a solution to this problem would be to change ProjectHelper
> > to always defer instantiation (i.e., use UnknownElement) and wait
> > until execution to resolve using any new definitions.
>
> Absolutely - and all Ant2 proposals do that AFAIR.
>
> Try to change ProjectHelper that way and then run the second example
> in <script>'s documentation and you see what is going to happen then.

I can't try it right now, but do you mean <script/> is broken too? :-)
We have had UnknownElement for a long time, so you would think
<script> should be able to deal with them at this point.

Otherwise, we are saying we cannot add any new tasks to ANT,
in particular if they are defined in a library publicized on ANTs
external resources page, since we are actually telling people they
can use those things in their build file.
This seem to me to be completely against what ANT is all about.

Jose Alberto