ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Immutability improvement patch
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2001 09:15:12 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <peter@apache.org>
> > <junit> uses it to gather the list of properties to put in the output
XML
> > files.
>
> Someone wanna pretend that I am stupid and explain to me in simple terms
why
> this is wanted/desired and what it is used for ?

Well, it had been requested by folks before ("What O/S did my tests run
on?", "When were the tests run?", "What JVM?", "What was the classpath?",
"What was ${my.custom.prop} set to?").

Then some crazy developer learning Ant's internals did this article:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-junitmail/

and added it.  Its got its share of drawbacks - the files get bigger, for
instance.

> > > BTW could you name your patches something more specific (like
> > > immutability.patch) - I got so many patchfile.txts it is not funny ;)
> >
> > No problem.  I was just following the rules!
>
> what rules are these? Is it written somewhere? If so I am going to
exercise
> my HTML hacking skills ;)

I went to look at the link Magesh sent, and thought I was losing my mind,
then saw your "fixed" message!  :)

    Erik