ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs AntTest.java
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 21:32:34 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > What I am saying is to modify the thing so that <param> means the
> > same thing everywhere (<ant> and <antcall>).
>
> Which meant that <param> on <antcall> in Ant 1.5 would behave
> different from the one in 1.4.1 - no way.

I am not removing any meaning from <param> I am just suggesting
to add new attributes, which never existed before and hence cannot
possibly affect people's 1.4 files.

    <fileset id="blah.id" .... />
    <antcall ... >
        <param name="x" value="foo" /> <!-- property -->
        <param name="y" refid="blah.id" /> <!-- reference -->
    </antcall>

> > I am not saying it is wrong for them to be evaluated in the context
> > of their original Project
>
> After thinking about it again, it seems that passing clones (with the
> new project as a reference) would be the way to go - otherwise changes
> made to the referenced objects in the subbuild would change the
> objects in the parent build at the same time.

No, no, no. That would break backward compatibility. There is no guarantee
other peoples <datatypes> implement clonable appropriately.   :-)

Jose Alberto