ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig Campbell" <CCAMPB...@novell.com>
Subject Re: Ant-antidote
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:20:52 GMT
I have been working on Antidote for the past month trying to get it to a
point where my group could use it to produce Ant build scripts.  I don't
know if you are interested but I have added several things:

1. Added a properties/preference editor for that application.
  - You can modify the color/font preference of the console logger
screen.
  - It remembers:
    - window location, size and divider location
    - what scripts were opened when the application closed

2. Added a custom FileChooser to remember directories recently visited,
as well as a file finder.

3. Added a splash screen (Still adding to it)

4. Added a Help system (docs directory)
  - this includes all the help files and manuals from Ant

Prior to this I was experimenting with a custom property editor that
analyzed the tasks that were specified in the defaults.properties and
then created a custom editor that matched the task.  Example attached.
I abandoned this approach due to the inflexibility of Ant Tasks to
getXXX property.  I am sure there is another way to do it, but I have
not had the time to pursue it.

I would be interested in submitting the stuff I have for examination
and criticism as well as guidance in the direction that this should go.

Craig

Craig