ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject [patch] Execute.java needs support for NetWare
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:36:46 GMT
In this patch I have created a special case for NetWare akin to those for other OSes.  If not
using a VM launcher(same as other OSes), NetWare uses a new "PerlScriptCommandLauncher", and
looks for antRun.pl to carry out the exec command.  The PerlScriptCommandLauncher is remarkably
similar to the ScriptCommandLauncher, though it prefixes the antRun command with "perl ".
 This is portable to Windows if the need ever arose, but I'm not sure of the behavior on Unix.
 (Been a while, I cannot remember if you simply reference the script directly or have to call
"perl script.pl").

As far as I know, this should complete the port to NetWare.  But, there are still some bugs
in how Ant functions on NetWare, namely:
1) The ExecuteWatchdog stuff doesn't behave properly
2) I am doubting that ant will work at all on JVM 1.1.7b of NetWare and only marginally well
on JVM 1.2.2.  Everything that I have tested works well on 1.3.  The problem with the previous
JVMs is due to JVM bugs, not Ant problems.  There will be no further development on 1.1.7b(I
think), so that might be SOL.  Since the result of some of these bugs is a system crash, we
will need to document on which JVMs on NetWare ant does not function.

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software.