ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Errors in CVS ANT Tests
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 09:17:06 GMT
On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I am getting the following errors when running the testcases for
> ANT. Are they expected at this point in time?

So far no failures are expected (I don't get any in my testing
environment), but can very well happen - I don't run Windows myself,
so it is quite likely that platform specific failures occur.

Reshuffling some of the failures:

> Testcase:
> testCreateTempFile(org.apache.tools.ant.util.FileUtilsTest):: Caused
> an ERROR null java.lang.NoSuchMethodError at
> org.apache.tools.ant.util.FileUtilsTest.testCreateTempFile(FileUtilsTest.java:281)

and

> Testcase: test5(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.TaskdefTest):: FAILED
> Should throw BuildException because: No public execute() in class
> org.apache.tools.ant.Project

Looks as if you were not running the tests against the latest CVS code
itself.  Not that the <junit> tasks in Ant's buildfile run in
non-forked mode, so you are testing the version of Ant that you are
currently using to run the task.  Make sure you execute the latest
bootstrapped version.

> Testcase: testAddTaskDefinition(org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectTest)::
> FAILED expected BuildException

Same reason as above?  These are the latest changes I have committed.

> Testcase:
> testBasedirTripleCall(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.AntTest)::
> Caused an ERROR java.io.FileNotFoundException:

Again, not running the latest version?

> Testcase:
> testExplicitBasedir1(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.AntTest):: FAILED
> expected:<c:\ASF\jakarta-ant\src\etc\testcases> but
> was:<C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\src\etc\testcases>

Yep, this dreaded capitalization of drive letters again - I think I
know how to fix the testcase.  Thanks.

> Testcase:
> testUpdatesExistingProperties(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.PropertyFileTest)::
> FAILED expected:<(520) 555-1212> but was:<1>

No idea here.

> Testcase: test2(org.apache.tools.ant.types.DescriptionTest):: FAILED
> Multi line description failed expected:<Multi Line
> Project Description> but was:<Multi LineProject Description>

Nico suggests that this depends on the XML parser - which one are you
using?  I couldn't reproduce this with any parser on Linux.

> Testsuite: org.apache.tools.ant.types.FilterSetTest
> Tests run: 3, Failures: 3, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.25 sec

Do these tests pass if you remove all <fixcrlf>s from
src/etc/testcases/types/filterset.xml?

Stefan