ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] Input task without user property
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:41:40 GMT
On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Ulrich Schmidt <ulrich.schmidt@gmx.net> wrote:

> This version still has a fail feature. I'll take it out if you veto
> against.

I have committed it including the fail feature will start a new thread
to gather opinions.

> Stefan, The <validarg>some arg containing ','</validarg> is still on
> my list.  I'd prefer this to be a patch instead of delaying <input>.

I agree, this is a part people have been asking for for a long time,
so we better start with something.

> I wonder if such arguments would only be used by <input>. Maybe it's
> worth having a separate argument framework for this.

Tell us more about this.

> I had a look at your conditions in between: Pretty advanced design!

8-)

> I'd appreciate if the example section of the documentation would
> unravel more features, though.

You're very welcome to provide more examples, the documentation always
comes last and I had to beat the Ant 1.4 feature freeze deadline to
get it done.

Stefan