ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jlink code question
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 08:21:27 GMT
On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Brian Deitte <bdeitte@macromedia.com> wrote:

> zipfileset doesn't allow fileset-ish includes/excludes, though, does
> it?

I'm not sure what you mean - zipfileset is a normal fileset with some
additional abilities.

> It looks like if this was added, then jlink would be completely
> deprecated.

AFAIK the only thing jlink can do that jar with zipfilesets can't is
merging an arbitrary number of jars that are not known before runtime.

You have to specify one zipfileset for every jar you want to merge in
jar, while you can have jlink pick the JARs themselves from a fileset.

I've just now added an item to my TODO list (position 37 if anybody
cares 8-) to rewrite jlink to be nothing more than a layer on top of
zip with zipfilesets - if you want to be faster than me (not that
difficult), go for it.

Stefan