ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject To fail or not to fail
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:52:10 GMT
Hi,

today I have committed two tasks that can cause build failures if
certain conditions are met:

* <input> makes the build fail, if the user ask for it

* <waitfor> makes the build fail, if a given condition still doesn't
pass after a given timeout.

Some people may have been on this list when we discussed, whether
<available> should be allowed to cause build failures.  That time, we
said no, and I was one of the major proponents of "leave <fail> to
<fail>".

I still think that all build failures should be handled/caused by fail
and would prefer if we removed the ability from the two above tasks.

If adding if/unless attributes to <fail> (or a nested <condition>
element for the same task) is the price for this, I am willing to pay
it.

Others?

Stefan