ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Ant2] Tasks as siblings of <target>
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 14:34:10 GMT
Strange routing or name server problems today again, haven't received
any mails for hours ...  I think it is not an Apache problem this time
as I can see mails getting into the archives.

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

>> Project and Target translate into Ant's object model directly, I'm
>> not sure the same is true for the things you mention.
>
> Well I think they do and in fact have modeled them as part of
> project model in proposal. (with the exception of aspect which I am
> still not decided on).  I am interested to hear why you doon't
> consider them part of the model.

Whenever you (Peter, Jose Alberto and Conor) have been talking about
"projectref", I found one reason or another to stop following the
thread, so I'm not really sure we are all talking about the same thing
here.  Consequently I'm not sure whether the "projectref" constitutes
a part of the object model or just modifies it (by adding another
tree).

If "import" is importing a task library, all this thing does is adding
tasks (and all the other things) to the registry - I don't see that as
part of the object model itself either.

>> Back to tasks and types - I sense consensus building up for "allow
>> everything to live outside of targets".
>
> hello script land!

8-)

Stefan