ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Semantics of <ant> (was: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs AntTest.java)
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 08:30:16 GMT
On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
>> My preferred solution: Drop inheritAll in Ant2.
>
> But part of the reason for having it is to allow conversion to ANT2.

Nothing really thought through yet, but I guess we'll have some sort
of propertyset or something to avoid repetition in <ant> tasks - you
group properties to a set and reference this set by id.  We may have a
magic propertyset for all properties and get the old behavior by

<ant>
  <paramset refid="all-properties" />
</ant>

or similar.