ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] Waitfor task
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:57:54 GMT
On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Denis Hennessy <denis@network365.com> wrote:

> However, some of these need (a) context outside the URL and (b)
> special logic to understand what 'success' and 'failure'.

True - but simple things like FTP could be added easily.

> For example, LDAP, JDBC and JNDI urls are useful to support in the
> sense that they enable ANT to coordinate a network test or
> deployment but each of them would need to be implemented
> independently.

Agreed.

> As for building the http request into available, I would be
> concerned that user's would get confused by the large number of
> options for controlling <available>;

Some people say that we already have too many of them today 8-).
Point taken.  One thing to consider is that we may end up with a file
system abstraction some day, that would render the difference between
files and HTTP non-existent - at least as far as available is
concerned.

Stefan