ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Ant2] Tasks as siblings of <target>
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 10:21:51 GMT
On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 00:53, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>> > if( node is one of "import", "projectref" or "aspect" )
>>
>> Hardcoded element names inside the parser?
>
> much like project/tarrget are hardcoded.

Project and Target translate into Ant's object model directly, I'm not
sure the same is true for the things you mention.

Anyway, we are not really talking about tasks here, but about
something that needs a lot closer coupling to the core, as close as
the parser itself.  I think I can live with hardcoding these things in
the parser, as any extension of Ant's core that has different needs
here, will probably use a parser of its own.

Back to tasks and types - I sense consensus building up for "allow
everything to live outside of targets".

Stefan