ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jlink code question
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:17:00 GMT
First off all, the <jlink> task is a nice example of why we should be
careful with what we add to Ant.  It seems it is more or less
unmaintained, there are some known issues and no one of the committers
really feels comfortable enough with the code to dive into it.  Even
more, most of its functionality has been superseded by the nested
<zipfileset> element of <zip> and friends.

It has been me, who committed the task, so I'm just blaming myself.

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Brian Deitte <bdeitte@macromedia.com> wrote:

> Hi all, I'm rewriting a good chunk of the jlink task (I needed it to
> handle meta-inf and manifests)

what are you trying to do with it, that you couldn't do with <jar>?

> In jlink.processEntry(), there is a chunk of code that renames files
> that aren't named ".class" to ".class" if possible.  Was there a
> "Java bug" reasoning behind this?

Honestly, I have no idea.

> I'd rather not mess with the files when merging the jars.

I agree with this, but as I don't know why the code is in there in the
first place ...

Stefan