ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Javadoc task not correctly interpreting ** in paths?
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2001 12:06:42 GMT
On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Edson Alves Pereira
<GuardianOfSteel@netscape.net> wrote:

>   This command in UNIX show all files the one directory has inside,
>   for example if you do:
>
> $ ls /**
>
>  It shows all directoies and all files that exist in that machine.

At / and one level below, not deeper (or you are using a different
shell than me, use ls -R attribute if you want to recurse).

It is the shell, that is expanding the *, not ls and not something
"inside Unix".  The command above will be processed by the shell and
ls is actually invoked as

ls /bin /dev /etc /home /lib /opt /sbin /tmp /usr /var

or similar.

Stefan