ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Submit] Rounding error with dependency checking in SouceFileScanner.java
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:00:12 GMT
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:

> It has been proposed that mapper act on attributes of a file other
> than name but that has been -1'ed. I actually think it is a good
> idea ... so feel free to lobby Stefan to remove his -1 ;)

and the reason has been, that changing behavior of something is not
<mapper>'s business - it is there to map filenames, nothing else.

If you look at the places where Bruce says mappers are used to
determine which files are outdated or something, it is not the mapper
doing that, it is the task itself (with more than a little help from
SourceFileScanner of course).

Stefan