ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Expressing BuildListeners (was Re: [Ant2] Tasks as siblings of <target>)
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 14:49:10 GMT
On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> One of the problems I have with how to define BuildListeners inside
> Buildfiles is how to mannage <ant> and <antcall> tasks. When I made
> a recursive call using <antcall> do I create new listener instances?

Unless you guard against it with some properties or something, this is
what would happen in the current implementation.

If <antcall> only reuses the same object tree as the parent build, we
should be able to avoid that.

> Notice that tasks similar to <sound> and <record> are fine as long
> as one knows such composition may be instantiated multiple times.

Why is <record> OK here?  It could overwrite an existing logfile (at
least on file systems where Java doesn't lock files it is writing to).

Stefan