ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Would it be possible to reuse LGPL code?
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:21:01 GMT
On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> Personally I have no problem with LGPL and use it all the
> time.

I have no problem with using LGPLed or GPLed code - gee, I even run a
GPLed OS most of the time and my editor of choice is GPLed as well.  I
do have a problem with writing code that uses it, but that is more of
a religious question.

> quite a few people get narky if you link against LGPL.

I'll have to look up "narky" - but I guess, I qualify 8-)

Let's say that IANAL and I prefer to play save, so I like to stay away
from a rather gray area of problematic license issues.

> I would have no problem having ant tasks depending on LGPLed
> libraries

As long as it isn't hosted at Apache, I'm fine with it.

Stefan