ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: building/testing
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:44:43 GMT
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
wrote:

> What is the official step-by-step way to build/test Ant, complete
> with environment variable settings and such?  (I'm running Win2k, if
> that matters)

I don't think there is one - mine is probably quite uncommon, ANT_HOME
points to the bootstrap dir and I usually do a (./bootstrap.sh; ant test),
obviously not on Windows 8-).

> I'm running 'build test' and getting failures on AvailableTest -
> test5, because it can't find "available.xml".

Yep, this should be fixed now.  No failure in your configuration, but
one within Ant's CVS.

> One note: I did have to create c:\tmp as no tests would work until I
> did that.

I thought only one testsuite would fail - it is a Unixism I've
introduced (who else) and that has been pointed out by Nico weeks ago.
It's on my TODO list to fix that.

> Shouldn't we feed off environment variables to make it work more
> cleanly cross-platform?

Yes, certainly.

Stefan