ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/types PathTest.java
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 07:14:04 GMT
On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Jeff Tulley <JTULLEY@novell.com> wrote:

> It seems like there was an env thing in their somewhere also, that
> needed to be cleared up for NetWare.  "env" is a system console
> command in netware, so can be executed without any path at all.

I'll adapt to that, please take a look at my commit that should happen
sometime today.

> 2) We use ";" (semi-colon) for classpath separators

So Os.java will consider it DOS based (whatever that means in detail)
- is this a good assumption or should the code specifcally exclude
NetWare.  Given your description, we probably better say netware is
nor DOS-based.

> 3) We have something similar to drive letters, volume names, which
> can be up to 40 characters large, followed by a colon.  data:\ (or
> data:/) for example.

> 4) if you do not specify a volume name, (/usr/bin), NetWare assumes
> the sytem volume, "SYS:/usr/bin"

Reminds me on my old VMS days ...

Stefan

who sometimes misses his VAX-Station.