ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: chgrp, chown, chmod, chrights + question ;)
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 14:41:04 GMT
On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Martin van den Bemt <mvdb@mvdb.com> wrote:

> but since backward compatibility is necessary, I could create the
> chgrp and chown tasks (simple copies of chmod) and integrate the 3
> in the chrights task.

As there is no single chgrp task, there is no need for having a
separate task IMHO.  Do you exepect chrights to use a similar sytax
like chmod did?  If so, we could get away with making chmod an alias
name for chrights (and issue a deprecation warning if somebody uses
that name).

> d) Let's deprecate the chown and go for the chrights

Yes.

> 2) If everyone prefers a or c, I would prefer to minimize code and
> execute the task chmod/chown/chgrp from the chrights task.

Don't know whether this actually is necessary, see above.

> but couldn't find a clean way to do that from my code.

There are a couple of tasks that do similar things, see how <genkey>
(ab)uses <exec> for example.

Stefan