ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: bzip2 java source reuse question
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:24:33 GMT
Hi Keiron,

knowing how much you contribute to FOP, I'm sure that we wouldn't have
to be afraid that your BZip classes would become unmaintained in Ant,
thanks for your offer.

I'm not sure whether Ant would be the best place for them, though.
Starting a new subproject in jakarta-commons could be the preferred
option, depending on what you want to do with it in the future.
Inside jakarta-commons, your code will probably get used by more
projects than just Ant and will have a higher visibility.

On the other hand, there are similar packages inside Ant (the
tools.zip and tool.tar packages) that could better live in
jakarta-commons as well - of course they don't include code for
complete applications, be they graphical or not.

It's your choice.

Stefan