ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Ant2] scoping of properties
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:57:24 GMT
On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:

> Is this right so far?

You've explained it a lot better than me, thanks ;-)

> Did we decide whether the current projects "Workspace" properties
> would be accessible after <antcall /> (via it's "Workspace"
> properties presumably) ?

Currently, "Workspace" translates into "user property" and therefore
the original workspace would be part of workspace of <antcall>.  We've
not made that explicit, but we probably want to keep that (at least I
do and I read your parens above along the same line).

>> And then there is <projectref> - could you expand on this as well
>> please.
>
> When I refer to <projectref/> I mean exactly the same thing that it
> meant when it was originally proposed last year and not the many
> subsequent "interpretations".

Thanks - things become difficult when words get redefined too often.

> Basically projectref is simply a way for one project to refer to
> another (kinda makes sense eh?) so that it can be included in the
> same dependency graph.

OK.

>> TaskContainer scope will of course be needed by things
>> like an <iterate> task.
>
> quick lets make propertys immutable then ! ;)

wouldn't help that much, you can always invent your own "variable"
mechanism and perform replacement for your "child" tasks yourself in a
container task - I guess this is what you mean by "going to absurd
length".

... and then I think an <iterate> should be possible to write, but you
knew that. 8-)

Stefan