ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: three requests
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 08:50:30 GMT
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Peter Davis <pdavis@pdavis.cx> wrote:

> On Thursday 29 November 2001 09:46 am, Richard Emberson wrote:
>>  if sun.misc.BASE64Encoder is not in the classpath, then
>> this code fails during class loading, not during execution.
>
> I wrote my own Base64 encoder/decoder Input/OutputStreams for a
> personal project a while back.

Haven't we all done so 8-).  This certainly is a feature lacking from
Sun's APIs (which are far too bloated on the other side, of course).

> Let met know if you are interested in using these as a replacement
> to Sun's Base64 encoder.

Many thanks for the offer, Peter.

It would be at least the third implementation of it under the Apache
umbrella - I think, there is one in Tomcat and the Httpclient package
in Jakarta-Commons certainly has one.  Instead of putting in yet
another one, we should rather use one, that is already there (and
improve it as necessary) IMHO.

Cheers

        Stefan