ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] Waitfor task
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:19:22 GMT
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Denis Hennessy <denis@network365.com> wrote:

> This is the <waitfor> task reworked as Stefan suggested to use the
> same condition elements as the <condition> task.

Thanks a lot - this also makes <condition> so much more poweful.

There are some things that we need to talk about, but let's first
start playing with it.

The things I want to talk about:

* I think the task should set a property instead of throwing a
BuildException in the timeout case - leave <fail> to <fail>, more on
this in a different thread I'm going to initiate.

* <http> could be generalized for arbitrary URLs, ftp for example.
Maybe we should even merge it into <available>?

* I have removed the hasPassed flags, we need to think about whether
we really want them, and if so, how we can generalize them.

Stefan