ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] No need for CLASSPATH in ANT1
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 09:05:44 GMT
On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Peter Donald <> wrote:

> This has already been approved for Ant2.

Not formally, but I think you are correct.

> IIRC Conor actually did some work and got this working with Ant1.x a
> while back (or am I imagining things?).

He tried to get it working but got stuck with a ton of problems IIRC -
many tasks need an XML parser or tools.jar and expect them to be on
the system classpath, adapting the built-in task looked like more than
a bit of a hassle.

> Hence we can't really implement it in Ant1.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message