ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <>
Subject Re: removing deprecated stuff
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:05:25 GMT
I've enjoyed this thread...  ;-)

Several comments:

   My vote for a "feature" to remove is support for non-TraX XSLT
   processors.  Having all of the liaisons makes the code harder to
   understand, maintain, and test.

   My recollection is different than Stefan's... Ant regularly broke
   everybody.  Now arguably, the pendulum has gone a bit too far the other
   way.  Gump has been effective in showing people exactly how frequent
   build breakages actually are, and I am pleased to say that the frequency
   of such breakages seems to be going down.

   If there is a major new release, I can make Gump do experimental runs on
   a daily basis.  I do that today with Xerces2 and JDK 1.4.

   Yes, it is like herding cats, but Gump does effectively represent
   coordination... results are posted publically, nag messages are sent,
   and patches are made.
- Sam Ruby

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>