ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph.Wilhe...@t-online.de (Christoph Wilhelms)
Subject RE: Ant-antidote
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 22:10:55 GMT
Hi Craig!

Happy to read what you've done!

> I have been working on Antidote for the past month trying
> to get it to a point where my group could use it to produce
> Ant build scripts.  I don't know if you are interested but
> I have added several things:
>
> 1. Added a properties/preference editor for that application.
>  - You can modify the color/font preference of the console logger screen.
>  - It remembers:
>    - window location, size and divider location
>    - what scripts were opened when the application closed

Nice!

> 2. Added a custom FileChooser to remember directories recently visited, as
well as a file finder.

Sim and I allways wanted to do that myself... time... :-(.

> 3. Added a splash screen (Still adding to it)

Probably we can use one of the Ant-Logo-Proposals... :-)

> 4. Added a Help system (docs directory)
>   - this includes all the help files and manuals from Ant

Did you use JavaHelp? This would fit best IMHO!

You really got your feet wet with it, eh? ;-)! Happy to see that Antidote is
beeing used!

> Prior to this I was experimenting with a custom property editor
> that analyzed the tasks that were specified in the defaults.properties
> and then created a custom editor that matched the task.  Example
> attached.  I abandoned this approach due to the inflexibility of Ant
> Tasks to getXXX property.  I am sure there is another way to do it,
> but I have not had the time to pursue it.

Probaly we can take a look together. I hope I'll have more time for this
around xmas...
Regarding the screenshot: Eventually there is also some beautification work
left, right ;-)!?!

> I would be interested in submitting the stuff I have for examination
> and criticism as well as guidance in the direction that this should go.

PLEASE! I am very keen to look at what it does, how it works and whats it
looks like! If it's possible send it as diff-files to the list, or, if not,
you can send the whole bunch zipped directly to me and I'll se how to apply
it myself :-)!

> Craig

Cheers,
Chris