ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Dumas" <dum...@mindspring.com>
Subject [SUBMIT] Switches And Sections
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 22:36:26 GMT
Hello,

This is my first post so bear with me.  I came up with a few custom Ant
tasks/classes that have been very useful and I wanted to pass them along.

A Switch is a task container that tests for a condition represented by a
property. If the property value is "true", inner tasks are executed
depending on if they are identified in the pass and fail list properties.

This allows users to specify multiple switch conditions in a single target
without the need for multiple, bulky targets.

The end result is a psuedo IF-THEN-ELSE construct.

Sections are very simple helpers to Switches although they can stand alone.
The examples in the html files will explain it all I think.

Please view the readme.txt file for more details.

Thanks,

-Mark Dumas
dumasm@mindspring.com