ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Dumas" <dum...@mindspring.com>
Subject RE: [SUBMIT] Switches And Sections
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 22:22:20 GMT
well, java has released it's api for regular expressions, however,
nothing works easier than a simple asterik.  perhaps the regular
expression bit could handle the "case" property i was talking about
so that seems to be cleaner.  with a few working examples, i think
everybody would do fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Davis [mailto:peter@speaklink.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 2:51 PM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: [SUBMIT] Switches And Sections

I was thinking regular expressions instead of glob-style matching, but
then glob has a much faster learning curve for most people.  Which would
you rather use?  Also, I know that other Ant tasks use globbing;
(without having looked too much at Ant's source) is there an API to do
glob matching easily?