ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <Ste...@ignitesports.com>
Subject starteam task and targetfolder parameter
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:09:04 GMT
Hello -

I am new to the ant-dev list.
I have questions about the <starteam> task and in particular with the
targetfolder parameter of that task.
It doesn't seem to work as documented.  As documented it sounds as if it
works pretty much the way the -rp parameter of stcmd works.  However
this is not the case.  According to the documentation, if I specify a
parameter of targetfolder=C:\foo\bar for the command the files in
starteam at /projectname/viewname/foldername will be checked out to that
directory and unless recursion is turned off, all branches below this
one will be stored in a similar tree on the target machine.

However, that does not seem to be the case.  A look at the source code
explains why - it is factoring in the "default folder" to the
calculations of where the path goes.  This is the wrong thing to do - if
the user specifies a target folder, the user probably wants to override
the default folder.  The default folder should only be factored into the
calculation if no target folder is specified.  As I mentioned above,
this is the way stcmd co -rp works.

I am considering getting involved here and fixing this myself.  But
before I do so, is there someone here actively involved in maintenance
of this task who can explain to me whether I'm missing something or if
my preferences for how this should work are in conflict with those of
other users or the original designers?

Thank you.

Steve Cohen
Sr. Software Engineer