ant-dev mailing list archives

From thomas.che...@ascentialsoftware.com
Subject append and timeout to the Java task
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:06:23 GMT

Some modification propositions to the Java task. What do you guys think?

Add append attribute, so the output is append to the output file when
specified.
Add timeout attribute to kill the java program if taking too long (only when
fork is enabled).

Some of those needs came from some build.xml that I am creating to do
unit/integration testing.
For append, I realized that I can avoid doing that by using a recorder and
not specifying any output, but
I think it will be a nice to have. Actually, the output/append/record type
of things should probably be generalized.
I saw a couple of things going this way that I need to look at closer to
understand better.

Thomas