ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: removing deprecated stuff
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:25:30 GMT

Information are displayed as WARN when running a build file.
Having a flag to switch on/off deprecated stuff is a bad thing to me.

It is deprecated so show it. That's it.

I'm having a hard time in my company fighting against the use of deprecated
methods because some people are too lazy to figure out the non-deprecated
methods and prefer to turn off deprecation rather than using the right
methods.

It's just like people using Vector/Hashtable when there is no
synchronization involved. They use it because they are too lazy looking at
'new things'

What puzzle me is that this attitude is mainly present for somewhat
'beginner' developpers that only knew Java2 and that never had the JDK 1.1
target in mind.

Human like shooting themselves in the foot. :-)

Stephane