ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <>
Subject RE: removing deprecated stuff
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:53:41 GMT

I understand, but you are shooting yourself in the foot if you do not
upgrade incrementally.
If you don't do it, you perfectly know the risks.
The more you wait, the larger the gap, the greatest the pain. :-)

> Unless feature X happens to be restricting further innovation
> in some fashion then why don't we just keep it ?

Because they should not be used anymore, we have been telling it for some
time and the definition of deprecated is crystal-clear :)

> Remember not everyone lives in internet time and may still be
> using older
> versions of ant. Besides we may end up braking gump because
> some of the
> projects run by gump (ie some exolab ones) still use old
> versions of ant and
> I think that is enough of an issue to make breaking backwards
> compatability for no reason at all truly suck.

Then we must ask Exolab to upgrade their build...
but I don't believe the projects we depend from are so out of date as AdaptX

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message