ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <>
Subject RE: Javadoc task not correctly interpreting ** in paths?
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2001 23:00:27 GMT

>   This command in UNIX show all files the one directory has
> inside, for example if you do:
> $ ls /**
>  It shows all directoies and all files that exist in that machine.
>  I didnĀ“t known this before, only yesterday i saw this!

No it doesn't.

*Some* (very few) UNIX shells support this feature, but most don't,
and the default (bourne) shell certainly doesn't.

In /bin/sh, "**" means exactly the same thing as "*".
IIRC, zsh supports the "**" syntax as a recursive wildcard.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie
Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not
read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and
should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message