ant-dev mailing list archives

From Walker Joe <joe.wal...@barclaycard.co.uk>
Subject Property Precedence
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:05:44 GMT

If more than one thing sets a property, the rules as to which value is used
seem to be complex and undocumented.

I want to have build.xml files which are not generally modified, but that
can be customised using a properties file. This can't be done easily with
the complex and undocumented property precedence rules.

Have I just not looked hard enough?
Should I dig into the code and write documentation?
There seemed to be some idea some time ago that the rules surrounding
property where about to change is this still the case - am I wasting my
time?

Joe.

Legal Disclaimer:-

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the
Barclays Group does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Although the Barclays Group
operates anti-virus programmes, it does not accept
responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused
by viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the Barclays Group.

Replies to this e-mail may be monitored by the Barclays
Group for operational or business reasons.