ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: [Submit] Rounding error with dependency checking in SouceFileScanner.java
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 05:58:53 GMT
At 10:00 AM 11/28/01 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:
>
>and the reason has been, that changing behavior of something is not
><mapper>'s business - it is there to map filenames, nothing else.
>
>If you look at the places where Bruce says mappers are used to
>determine which files are outdated or something, it is not the mapper
>doing that, it is the task itself (with more than a little help from
>SourceFileScanner of course).

I agree that using mapper for this would be a hack. A relatively clean hack
because mapper is always sent in to the SourceFileScanner by any class that
uses it, but a hack nonetheless.

I take it that you would like to see  any new attributes that affect the
dependency checking put into the tasks themselves, is that right?

I can do that if it is what you prefer. It would involve replicating the
code in 8 places, but it wouldn't be difficult.

Any objections to my adding an accuracy attribute to Copy, ExecuteOn,
Javac, Rmic, Tar, UpToDate, Zip, and Native2Ascii?