ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject Re: [Submit] Rounding error with dependency checking in SouceFileScanner.java
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 02:19:41 GMT
At 18:14 26/11/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>That should do the trick so long as I avoid using JDK1.1, right? Wrong.
>Turns out that approximately half the 6000 files I am working with are
>considered "outdated" and are included in the ZIP file, even after I've
>just generated a new base ZIP. In other words, there should have been no
>difference whatsoever and the diff zip should not even be created, but is
>instead half the size of the original.

Let me guess - you're running under Windows, right?

There's a peculiarity with windows - it only stores timestamps to even seconds.

Dunno why, but it's bitten me before.

Your fix seems appropriate to me - but I'm just a user. <grin>

Cheers,
Bevan.

--
"Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"

Bevan Arps (<mailto:bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz>bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz)
Senior OO Analyst, ACT Financial Systems

This communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views and
opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).