ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: <available> / <condition> breaking immutability
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:43:42 GMT
At 01:48 PM 11/27/2001 -0800, Diane Holt wrote:
>Before this discussion gets too carried away,

Too late. :-) Sorry about that.

>And since properties set via <available> are intended to be
>used in conjunction with if/unless

Could use them in <equals>, but I agree it is unlikely.

>I don't think
>there's any way to say it's a "clean" way of doing it, and (sadly, since I
>kind of like little "insider" workarounds like that :) most likely needs
>to go away.

and

At 09:49 PM 11/27/2001 +0000, Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
>Here you are talking to a brick wall ;-)

Ok, the cheese stands alone. Perhaps for Ant2 you could consider attaching
immutable behaviours to some properties rather than values, so that
whenever ${file.present} is used the <available> task is run. Or not.

I'll shut up now.