ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: [Submit^H^H^H^H^H^HPatch] Rounding error with dependency checking in SouceFileScanner.java
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:47:38 GMT
At 03:19 PM 11/27/01 +1300, Bevan Arps wrote:

>Let me guess - you're running under Windows, right?

No, but you are right in that I should have specified. This is running
Debian Stable with the CVS HEAD revision of Ant and JDK1.3_01. The original
zip file was created with the <zip> task, and all of the files in the ZIP
were created using either Ant's <cvs> task or Ant's <javac> task.

This fix isn't needed if all your tasks are run on a windows machine
because then, all timestamps will be at the same granularity. The only
adjustment needed is when comparing to now(), which is what
SourceFileScanner already does on Windows.

This situation is a little different because it appears there is a change
in granularity. It looks more like the ZIP file is providing millisecond
granularity within the ZIP file, but when it is expanded it is dropping to
1 second granularity and rounding both up and down. Or perhaps the rounding
occurs on the way in to the ZIP file, I'm not sure. In any case, it strikes
me as unlikely to be platform specific.