ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RPM builds
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:58:35 GMT
I've just committed a change which should build Ant's RPMs automatically
as part of the distribution build. There is a chance this will cause the
builds to blow up, so I'll be checnking for Gump messages.

The changes check for the existence of /bin/rpm to control whether the
rpm build is attempted. There are two spec files. One is used to build
the binary RPM and is somewhat unconventional as it works by copying the
tar.gz distribution built in the main distribution target. This saves
building everything twice and guarantees consistency between the
distributions. The second spec file is used to build the source
distribution and is a more conventional spec file.

I'm pretty new to RPM building so I'm happy for feedback, especially
about where things should go, better ways to do things, etc.

Conor